The mission of The Center – Pride Center San Antonio is to serve the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and HIV communities by connecting them and their families to community resources and organizations related to health, wellness, support, education, activities, and advocacy.
The vision of The Center – Pride Center San Antonio is to be the premier resource center in South Texas for people of all sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions.
The Center will respect the diversity of its members while promoting the well-being of the overall community through advocacy, education, and outreach. In order to achieve its vision, The Center will:
- Acquire and maintain adequate space to meet the needs of the community based on the mission of the organization.
- Be a comprehensive resource for the community based on the mission of the organization.
- Analyze the community’s needs on an ongoing basis and provide opportunities for members to share in the development, implementation and evaluation of educational, support, and other types of programs and services to meet those needs.
- Reach financial stability through cooperation with multiple funding sources in order to hire and support staff while maintaining programs and facilities.
- Facilitate outreach to and collaborate with the greater San Antonio community to participate in the education and development of the overall community as affirmed in the mission of the organization.
The Center operates by the following core values as a way of ensuring that top quality and support are provided to our membership and the community at large.
Appreciate and Respect Diversity: Program for and support the diverse needs of our community and all it stands for while respecting members’ privacy and confidentiality in a safe environment.
Be Community Centered: Develop and maintain communication channels and venues for our members to participate in the program development, implementation, and evaluation process as a way of ensuring their needs are met while maintaining a high level of member satisfaction.
Cultivate and Maintain Community Relationships: Connect, communicate, and collaborate with existing community organizations already providing services to our community so as to not duplicate services, but support existing ones. The Pride Center will serve as a community link to refer members to existing programs and services as needed.
Develop the Board: Provide the Board of Directors with professional development opportunities in a variety of areas to help them make more effective decisions.
Educate and Empower: Provide members and the community at large with education, intervention, and support programs that encourage self-acceptance, nurturing, and understanding.
Forecast for Financial Stability: Diversify our funding sources through community involvement and view fundraising as a direct responsibility of the Board of Directors.