Community Empowerment Coordinator
The mission of The Center – Pride Center San Antonio is to serve the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and HIV communities by connecting them and their families to community resources and organizations related to health, wellness, support, education, activities, and advocacy.
Summary: The Community Empowerment Coordinator is responsible for supporting Pride Center objectives by coordinating community involvement and service-learning events and projects; acting as a liaison between staff, volunteers, board members, and the larger community.
Reporting to the Executive Director/Board Chair, the Community Empowerment Coordinator will staff the walk-in center, provide coordination for programming, services and outreach to the LGBTQ+ community in San Antonio and surrounding areas. They will help lead the formation of new and existing programs, creating and executing service programs, managing projects, coordinating volunteer work schedules, distributing resources, providing oversight, decision making and problem solving.
- Part-time (20 hours/week)
- 1-year Grant Funded
- Parking Reimbursement/Stipend
- Knowledge of and/or experience working with the LGBTQ+ community and familiarity with issues of particular relevance to LGBTQ+ people
- A strong passion and commitment to the mission of The Center – Pride Center San Antonio
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years professional experience in a social service, community building/partnership and/or LGBTQ+ nonprofit setting preferred.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings/weekends. Demonstrated experience and skills in navigating community based programming/partnerships, event planning, volunteer/staff supervision, community organizing and outreach.
- Excellent leadership, administrative, organization, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual Skills (English/Spanish fluency) preferred
- Detail oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- A flexible, creative, assertive, self-starter with excellent adaptability skills a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of diverse races, ethnicities, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expression, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, ages, English-speaking abilities, immigration statuses, and physical abilities in a multicultural environment.
You will make an impact. Apply today!
Submit both resume and cover letter expressing your interest, experience, and qualifications to:
The Center – Pride Center San Antonio
Attn: Robert Salcido, Jr.
Subject Line: Community Empowerment Coordinator
Diversity and Inclusion: At The Center – Pride Center San Antonio we don’t just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our staff, board members, and volunteers. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or intersex (LGBTQ+) are encouraged to apply.